Currently trending right now is the London Olympics 2012. Did this trend affected you even a bit? What about asking yourself “What sports do I play?”. Or what physical activity that you are doing that in return is doing good to your body?
We should have at least one sports that we play as we go along with our lives. One that can help us stay physically fit all along. It doesn't necessarily need to be a competitive sports or you to be in the competitive level. Sports benefits are basic and we are all familiar about it, but just the same let me mention some.
- It’s fun. It will give you something to do apart from what you are primarily doing.
- It will give you a positive body image and self esteem.
- You are less likely to be hooked to smoking, drinking and other bad habits.
- The physical activities it brings helps relieve stress and reduce depressions.
- It develops discipline and help set goals.
- It will give you good outlook in winning and losing that will help you deal with success and disappointments.
- When you feel physically good the more you are likely to succeed.
- It helps develop teamwork and leaderships skills.
- It helps you practice strategic thinking.
- It will provide you regular exercise that will increase you’re quality of life.
If there’s one thing that I regret on how I was raise is that, I was NOT exposed to play sports. I’m not sure why but I grew up that no one in the family is into sports. We know sports as a thing to watch but no one in the family seriously play any. Thank God in his wisdom He sent me a man who’s into sports. The man I ‘m married is the same wind beneath my wings who constantly motivate (and drag) me whenever I’m falling out of my physical activities.
Find someone that will motivate you into sports or any physical activities. A friend, partner, sister or anybody. If you can’t find one, be the motivator yourself. I’ve been doing that for over a year now through running and the feeling is fulfilling.
Whatever way you look at it, sports is really beneficial to life. So better start now. Give yourself some physical activities before it’s too late. If you are a parent, start encouraging your kids to learn to play any sports. Make sports and other physical activities as one family bonding tool.
Anybody wants to share what sports or physical activities that you are doing? If none and you are looking for some tips, drop a comment down here and I’m sure a lot of my friends here are willing to give their suggestions.
Photo source: Google images