I posted this on my Facebook wall last January 13, 2012. It was also Friday the 13th then. I thought about checking a bit about Friday the 13th because we were laughing about one relative who has a scheduled flight on a Friday the 13th. We were supposed to join him but we can’t find an available flight. What we got is a flight on the following day, “Saturday the 14th”. We ended up jesting and frightening the relative who’s flying on Friday the 13th. It was hilarious.
So here’s sharing some facts about Friday the 13th
- The fear of Friday the 13th is called friggatriskaidekaphobia.
- Jack the Ripper has 13 letters in his name and so do these serial killers :
- Charles Manson – an American criminal known for the Manson Family Murders
- Jeffrey Dahmer – American serial killer and sex offender
- Theodore Bundy – an American serial killer, rapist, kidnapper and necrophile
- Albert De Salvo – known as the “Boston Strangler”
- Many hospitals have no room 13, some tall buildings skip the 13th floor and some airline terminals omit Gate 13.
Gregory Johnson bravely included a thirteenth floor in his designs for the Empire State Building in New York. Three days after its completion, on a Friday, the weight of the building caused it to buckle and it crushed the thirteenth floor. It has been structurally sound ever since.
- The year 2012 is a leap year starting on a Sunday. There are three Friday 13ths for this year - January, April and July.
- Any month that begins on a Sunday will contain a Friday the 13th, and there is at least one Friday the 13th in every calendar year
- Thursday the 12th is just as rare as Friday the 13th.
* Photo from Google images