Quite a challenge huh!
Some calls it “Prompt Writing” a prompt or a habit to get you writing each and everyday of the year. Some calls it “One Post A Day’ . But for whatever it is called this is simply a damn good challenge for bloggers.
This has been my goal since I started blogging for myself but I’m always in doubt that I can do this so I kept on delaying. But that’s what challenge are for right? It will not be called a challenge unless you know you can do it easily.
So why am I taking it this time? Here are some reasons:
1. This is the perfect time to start this – New Year!
2. As I have said, I have always wanted to do this. I was doing this when I was younger on a private journal. There was no pressure back then so I can quit anytime. Doing this online - I’m sure there are lots of eyes who will be watching me succeed or fail.
3. Writing is my first and real love so I don’t want it to be taken over by the other things that I’m doing in life or may I say to be eaten out by some other things that I’m doing.
4. I am VERY disappointed with my last year’s posting on this blog. I am guilty of not giving this space my time that it deserves. I’m worried as to what happened to other bloggers who drifted out of blogging and then finding it difficult (and awkward) to come back to blogging because they drifted out for so long.
5. Part of this disappointment is that when Google released the latest ranking and this blog failed to get its former PR2. Remember that I bravely took the risk of losing my PR2 when I changed this blog into a dotcom because I knew I can get it back easily as long as I maintain this site the way I did when I started this. However due to less time spent to this blog for the last six months of 2013 I failed to get back the same PR that I have prior to the dotcom upgrade. I swear I’ll get it back this time if not higher!
6. I don’t want to stress out myself in writing long(er) posts. Most online readers have short-attention-span anyway. They tend to skip-read when your post is really long. The daily post will help me create something short and yet interesting. Of course there will still be long and meaty posts from time to time.
7. I know I developed a handful of loyal readers who felt disappointed every time they visit my blog and landed on the same post (sigh*) from their last visit. Some of them even wrote to me and said that “I hope I could write more often”. I hope I can grant your wishes this time. Let me also express my sincerest thanks for your support.
Now the question is... “Can I do this?”.
This is extra difficult for me because I am maintaining more than one blog one of which is also a dotcom. Well I have all of you to nag me if I’m missing some days or becoming too far behind right? So you all will be my support to achieve this challenge!
Stay with me till we reach the 365th post okay?