I don’t like the way they are being driven, of being too crowded and overloaded, their smell of expired air freshener and their unwashed curtains. I don’t like when their drivers are inconsiderate with their female passengers by stepping on gears and breaks that caused us to be knocked or rolled down while riding and alighting from these buses. They are also being the favorite targets of unscrupulous people like hold-uppers and pick-pockets.
I could stand eternally waiting for public transports like jeepneys, taxi, tricycles or even “habal-habal” but the Metro Manila buses will always be my LAST choice for a a ride. This does not include the buses for provincial trips though – I love them.
That is why I was amaze when I saw this beautiful bus stopped in front of me looking so clean fresh, and not too crowded. I can see the whole inner part of the bus from the avenue where I was standing from through its clear and wide windows.
It was a very inviting scene for someone on the road waiting for public transport. I automatically hopped in the bus feeling both excited and curios. And when I was inside the bus the more I got impressed!
Here are some of the photos I took while inside the bus. I’m feeling awkward while taking these photos because some of the passengers are looking at me but I can’t help myself ha ha.
Near the driver’s seat
view from my seat
Some facts and features of the Hybrid Bus:
- Electricity-diesel powered making it environment-friendly and energy-efficient
- Emit-less compared to a typical diesel engine bus
- It has six closed-circuit television cameras, high-powered air conditioners
- It has a GPS system that tracks the location of each bus, coral-colored people with disability, elderly and pregnant seats, luggage and shopping bag racks
- It has low floors for easy entry and exit
- It has a 27-seating capacity but can accommodate as much as 50 people
- Initial route (M1) is navigating through Buendia and Kalayaan, the major avenues of South Superhighway, Roces, Ayala, Makati Avenue, Pao de Roxas, Edsase
- Fare is in the flat rate of PhP20.00
By the way let me close this post by greeting one blogger friend Arline of The Pink Line. This lady is currently inactive with blogging but not with the outreach programs of Pinoy Bloggers Outreach (PBO) .
Bless your good heart dear and Happy Birthday to you!