This is how I always feel during the Christmas season particularly in the month of December. I feel that things happen so fast and the moment that I am finally enjoying then reality is back - just like a strong thud!
Pardon me for ranting about this today. As you know today is the first Monday of 2014 and most people will be either going back to work, school or to whatever usual regular thing they do.
The same thing for myself. I am now bracing myself to be back to reality. I just really wish that whatever the coming days will bring will serve as inspiration and not a distraction to my on-going "365 Day Blogging Challenge".
So before I let myself be engulfed by reality, let me check if I had been kind enough to myself during the Christmas season. The reason why I’m having this check right now is because I tend to forget about myself during the holidays. I shopped for gifts to be given away, be a mom, sometimes work even during holidays.
There was even a time that I did not attend any holiday-related party because I am so caught up with responsibilities.
What about this recent holiday? Hmn…
1. I was able to set up our holiday home décor during the first week of December. I used to set up in mid-November in time for my son’s birthday. Anyway at least our home was not décor-less during the holidays.
2. One of the best part of my December is that I joined the most important running event of the year – the 37th Milo Marathon National Finals. I joined the media fun run and for some twist of fate and luck I brought home a most cherish possession a runner could have. A trophy from the most prestigious running event in the country.
And oh, I also received two awards from work.
3. Sometimes I missed parties and get-together invites because they are scheduled at the same time. Specially during the last weekend before December 25 – they are clogged on that date.
This time I was able to at least attend three holiday parties one of which is a swimming party from one of my hubby’s association. Brrr… night swimming on a cold December breeze! It was fun anyway!
4. I also had the chance to spend time with good old friends.
5. The disappointing part of my December is my not being able to complete the 9 Midnight Masses (Simbang Gabi). I missed the last two nights due to commitments which are also holiday related. This is the first uncompleted Simbang Gabi after a series of years that I am able to complete the 9 masses.
6. When in the city, we usually stay at home during Christmas Day because we are expecting visitors. We are the perennial hosts (LOL). It was actually during the last week of December (just before New Year) that I find time to enjoy the holiday with my family and shop some things for myself. I joined my kids during their shopping spree using their “aguinaldo” (Christmas cash presents) and we roam around the city hopping from one mall to another. Those are days of quality time spent with my awesome three!
7. December 31st was one great New Year’s eve. We welcomed 2014 with the usual bang and fireworks and lots of food!
I could say that my last month of 2013 was busy (as usual) but fun and enjoyable! How did you spend your holidays?
By the way let me close this post by greeting one funny blogger friend - Lallah of Telelalahbells who is celebrating her birthday today January 6.
Happy Birthday girl! Hope that you will come back to blogging soon!